User profile duplicaated after RDC RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows 7 Ultimate installation.  I have only one user profile.  Repeatedly - to the point of being very frustrating now, when I am out of town and connect over the internet via RDC, everything works fine -- but when I get back to the home office to the desktop and log in directly, the desktop comes up obviously "back in time" with a different desktop with files and shortcuts I had long ago deleted.  The desktop icons are different, outlooks is "de-configured" like it had never been setup before and IE favorites are gone, etc. MY Documents are gone - but still there if I search through file manager.  Searching through file manager I discovered that a second user profile had been created.  The original user profile but with .V2 after it.  Now all logins use this new profile.  I figured out I could copy everything from the original profile to this one to get most of my settings and MY Docs back - but since this happens repeatedly, I've stopped using My Documents folder and save items in folders not under the user directories.  Why is this happening and is there a way to stop it?
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 5:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, this problem should be caused by former User Profile corrupt and system create a temporary profile instead.

You can refer to the solution of the link below for more details:

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Thursday, January 8, 2015 2:13 AM
    Monday, January 5, 2015 6:16 AM