Can´t boot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I´ve got a problem with my: Satellite L300/L300D Toshiba, Windows vista home Pre. as OS. I tried to load the XP [Professional] cd, just to try to install xp on the D:\ drive but it just don´t detect it...
    Not even the C:\ drive, but the BIOS does.

When I try to enter it says:

Windows failed to start up. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose your language settings and then click next.
    3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: Error when trying to chose boot: It is not possible to have access to a required device.

When I try to install/repair it says:

The installation program found no drivers installed on your computer.

Make sure the disk drives are turned on or properly connected to your computer and the configuration of any hardware associated with the disk is correct. You may have to run a diagnostic program or facility provided by the manufacturer.

Setup can not continue. To quit press F3
    [It´s not 100% correct because it was in spanish]

What migth have happened:

My "Windows Update " installed something wich need a special device or something...
    A strong virus infected all my HHDs
    Dxdiag did something to one of my hardware devices (Don´t think so but...)

--------------------------------------------------------------
    By the way it´s brand new ! and it has important software you can´t just adquire from a normal shop...
    Also the last thing I did before this happened was run the Dxdiag so that migth be the reason as I said before.

NOTE: I can´t enter in safe mode, repair , restore , do last good config or enter in safe mode with commands...

Thanks taking your time to read this.
    Hope there is a solution
    -Regards
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi
    I´ve got a problem with my: Satellite L300/L300D Toshiba, Windows vista home Pre. as OS. I tried to load the XP [Professional] cd, just to try to install xp on the D:\ drive but it just don´t detect it...
    Not even the C:\ drive, but the BIOS does.

When I try to enter it says:

Windows failed to start up. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose your language settings and then click next.
    3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Same issue here -
    I've tried entering all 3 of the safemode options without prevail.
    Dell was nice enough to provide a backup DVD for the 32 bit Vista Home when I purchased the computer in Oct., 2008, though I'm unable to reinstall Windows.  I've put in the DVD & powered the computer off/on, though it won't automtically read it.

Any suggestions folks?  I don't mind reinstalling Vista if I have to.

Thanks in advance!
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:17 AM