none
Is there a way to see what is being sent during a Consistency check? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a remote file server with 500 GB of data connect by a reliable T1 connection. I did the initial transfer of data manually using external storage to create the
    Protection group. I then did a Consistency check of the information. After a few days the check was complete and good. About 2 Hours later was mark as being
    inconsistent and a Consistency check was started. It has been running for 121 hours and has transferred 13 GB of data. I have bandwidth throttling set aressively at 386kbps during working hours and 1024kbps otherwise.

I am wondering if there is a way to see what files it is transferring over so that I can see what this 13+ GB of Data is.

Is there a way to have the information that has been copied onto the DPM server backed-up to tape or disk during a long Consistency check.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:56 PM

All replies

• I use procmon to check what DPM is doing. Set a filter and have procmon drop filtered events because otherwise it will eat up a lot of ressources on your DPM server.

It would be nice for DPM to actually show what it is doing. With long running CC jobs or backups or slow WAN links this is really needed. Amount of data transferred is usually useless since you have no idea how much more data needs to be transferred.

Friday, March 16, 2012 3:51 PM
  • I'm also using procmon and go to file summary....

Sad that no progress monitor exists... Hope it's gonne be a feature in DPM2012

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:33 PM
  • Sad that no progress monitor exists... Hope it's gonne be a feature in DPM2012

Nope, it's not in 2012 and I doubt it to be included in the next major version as well. I've been told by the devs that this is difficult to implement and would cause performance degradation. Still I need that feature e.g. for CC jobs or jobs running over WAN connections etc. It would be very useful to have this as an optional feature for certain jobs.
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Hello,

There is no way via DPM console to see which file is being brought over during a CC. Please keep in mind that only the changed blocks are being brought over.

This has not change since DPM 2012 to my knowledge.

Regards, Shane. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 6, 2012 7:28 PM