ODBC Connection - Passing User ID and Password RRS feed

• Question

• I am interested in passing my User ID and Password through the ODBC Connection for an ISeries server; however, it will only let me through the "Enter Credentials" dialog.  Is there a way to pass these directly?
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:27 PM

Answers

• I understand the scenario, but I'm afraid there isn't currently any workaround.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:00 PM

All replies

• We deliberately prevent this to protect users from accidentally leaking their credentials. There are currently no plans to relax this.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:22 PM
  • Curt,

Thank you for the response.  Perhaps you can provide an alternative method for what I'm trying to accomplish if I provide a little more color.  I currently need to connect to and extract data from over 250 ISeries servers for my company.  While my User ID and Password are the same for each, I must enter my credentials for every single one and do it every time I need to update my information, which is every three months.  My hope was to pass my sign on information as variables in the connection string and iterate over the servers in the advanced editor.  Is there any other method I may be missing?  This is extremely inconvenient and time consuming.  I appreciate the extra security, but there should be some override with a warning, or something like that.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:31 PM
  • I understand the scenario, but I'm afraid there isn't currently any workaround.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:00 PM