Same Screen Saver for All Users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I've been attempting to set a universal screen saver for all users on a windows xp machine for serveral days now but have yet to find a solution. I have tried using gpedit and regedit (also used the command gpupdate after editing the group policies) but the only user it takes effect on is the root user from which I make the changes from (admin account). Furthermore, if I log out of the root account (so the computer is at the classic login screen), wait for the screen saver to start, and then move the mouse (interrupting the screen saver), no screen saver appears the second time it times out (it just goes to black).

I've tried many suggestions from old posts on this forum and others with nothing actually working. Within gpedit and regedit, the screen saver is set to mypics.scr, which in turn points to the desired screen saver photo. IN regedit, I did this for both CURRENT_USER and USER. In gpedit, I disabled the option for other users to edit the screen saver as well. Also, I've placed the screen saver photo in a shared folder (in case other users weren't able to access it) with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:58 PM

All replies

• bump
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:39 AM
  • BUMP!

Still no solution has been found. If anyone has any experience with or knowledge on this topic please let me know.

Thank you!
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:52 PM