none
Maybe for the next SCDPM UR RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

NTFS file system should not allow files with leading or trailing spaces - can you elaborate on how the .mdf / .ldf files got created with leading space?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, September 12, 2014 7:09 AM
  • i have no idea how, but it definitely was both MDF and LDF with a leading Space, and SQL DB worked and i was able to do a SQL Backup with Management Studio, but not with DPM until leading Spaces has been removed

Seidl Michael | http://www.techguy.at | twitter.com/techguyat | facebook.com/techguyat

Friday, September 12, 2014 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

Ok - thanks for that.  SQL native backup does not use VSS so why that is why the native SQL backup worked. I suspect VSS writer did not properly report the file names to DPM.  This should not happen and is probably not something that can be fixed in DPM.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, September 14, 2014 5:02 AM
  • Monday, September 15, 2014 5:09 PM