Microsoft Edge not accessing the internet RRS feed

• Question

• I recently received my new computer, and uploaded ME.

Product seemed to work fine for 2-3 weeks, allowing web browsing on the internet.

As of 5-6 March, I can no longer access the internet using ME, and I receive an error message.

The internet server is still operational, permitting I-phones and I-pads to connect; also the computer in question still connects to the internet indirectly on Steam.

ME is the only web-browser installed on this computer.

Monday, March 9, 2020 9:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would suggest you to try to restart Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps. 

If the above steps doesn't help. Please perform the below suggested methods and check.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps: 

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If the above recommendations fail, check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Allan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 2:01 AM
  • Hello, 

Please run Network Adapter troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. Let us know what it reports back. 

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 1:19 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Was your issue resolved?

Best regards,

Allan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2020 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best regards,

Allan

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 8:38 AM