Pinned sites disappear when loggin on outside of corporate network RRS feed

• Question

• I just added a few new laptops to our domain (all of them run Windows 7 Professional) and when a user logs on away from the corporate network, previously pinned sites on the taskbar disappear, all of them. Repinning the websites only adds them back for the current session.

Is there anything I need to configure under group policy? Thanks.

Saturday, November 5, 2011 9:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Niki,

Thank you for your reply. Below are my answers to your questions.

Our users don't connect to the network when physically away from it (we don't have a VPN in place).

The profiles are local profiles with two redirected folcers: My Documents and Desktop. No other folders are redirected.

One thing I noticed is that if a user pins a program, all the other ones appear suddenly!

I will try posting on the Server forum as well, thank you.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, November 18, 2011 1:05 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to know how you connect to the corporate network outside. Via VPN or other way? Is the user profile a local one or a roaming one. If it is a local profile, the pinned items are located in following directory.

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

However, if it is a roaming profile or you have set folder redirection, the user may not access its profile completely. You can let the user test the issue in local profile. If the issue only occurs in domain environment, I suggest posting in Server Forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverPN/threads

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 7, 2011 8:02 AM
  • Hi Niki,

Thank you for your reply. Below are my answers to your questions.

Our users don't connect to the network when physically away from it (we don't have a VPN in place).

The profiles are local profiles with two redirected folcers: My Documents and Desktop. No other folders are redirected.

One thing I noticed is that if a user pins a program, all the other ones appear suddenly!

I will try posting on the Server forum as well, thank you.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, November 18, 2011 1:05 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 3:44 PM