How to join AD User to Existing metaverse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Accidentally my ad users delete from Microsoft Identity Manager, so the metaverse data have two attribute that are populate as below:

1- CSObjectID

2-ObjectGUID

all other attribute in metaverse is NULL.

how can i to join ad users to this metaverse data?

Saturday, July 2, 2016 6:08 AM

Answers

• Well... Let me give you some thoughts Since you have CsObjectID I assume the users are connected to MIM Ma? If that's the case you can import the attributes from MIM MA to metaverse and then join by them to AD. If there is no other MA in your system, then I suggest you create a file based MA to delete all MV objects and then repopulate them again from AD.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Saturday, July 9, 2016 4:02 AM
  • i can't delete all MV, so i join every disconnect object manually and solved the problem
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:38 AM

All replies

• What other MAs are connected to it?

Peter Geelen (Quest For Security) (blog)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post.
    By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Sunday, July 3, 2016 8:45 PM
  • for now, Just FIM management Agent connected to the metaverse as projection rule.

Monday, July 4, 2016 3:05 AM
  • Let me make sure I understand your question. Suddenly all users in metaverse lost all their attributes except CSObjectID and ObjectGUID?

if ObjectGUID is AD ObjectGUID, then you can configure a join rule in AD MA based on ObjectGUID and it should join your AD users

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, July 7, 2016 7:25 PM
  • You correctly noticed.

Unfortunately, the GUID in metaverse is not GUID in AD, so the join rule is not working.

the only way that i found, is manually fix problem. this way is very difficult.

Saturday, July 9, 2016 3:16 AM
  • Well... Let me give you some thoughts Since you have CsObjectID I assume the users are connected to MIM Ma? If that's the case you can import the attributes from MIM MA to metaverse and then join by them to AD. If there is no other MA in your system, then I suggest you create a file based MA to delete all MV objects and then repopulate them again from AD.

Saturday, July 9, 2016 4:02 AM
  • i can't delete all MV, so i join every disconnect object manually and solved the problem
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:38 AM