none
Uninstalling PWA form sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am in a bit of a situation I have tried to uninstall PWA from sharepoint 2007 which seamed to go fine. Now that I need to upgrade to Sharepoint 2010 it complains that there are missing feature ID

[ERROR] Found a missing feature Id = [7a8b11f4-38b2-402b-ad94-1213e25150ca]
    [ERROR] Found a missing feature Id = [448e1394-5e76-44b4-9e1c-169b7a389a1b]
    [ERROR] Found a missing feature Id = [525dc00c-0745-47c0-8073-221c2ec22f0f]
    [ERROR] Found a missing feature Id = [d8d8df90-7b1f-49c1-b170-6f46a94f8c3c]
    [ERROR] Found a missing feature Id = [60d1e34f-0eb3-4e56-9049-85daabfec68c]
    [Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.PWA,Version=12.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c] is referenced in the database [WSS_TeamContent], but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this assembly.

I know that all of these relate to PWA but I am not wanting to re-install the Project Server as we have no plans to use it.

Does anyone know a way of removing these references from the Sharepoint Content Database? 

Many thanks

Jamie

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Jamie, I would take a look at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197677(office.12).aspx  first - at the foot of the page. We do not support uninstall of Project Server 2007.  Best to just remove the PWA sites and stop the services.

Uninstalling from an Office SharePoint Server/Project Server 2007 deployment

Removing either Office SharePoint Server 2007 or Office Project Server 2007 from a joint installation is not supported. Installing Office SharePoint Server 2007 with Office Project Server 2007 extends the farm schema, and it cannot be undone by uninstalling one of the applications.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:26 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Jamie - is there a mix of information in the Content DB you wish to move over?  If you have a premier contract for SharePoint you should be able to get support in acheiving this - though I see you tried Business Critical Support with no success.

One other option might be to delte the lists/entities that reference those features as I assume if you are not using Project any longer this information is not needed.  The 1102 reference is for PWAProposals feature as was mentioned earlier.  I'll see if I can identify what you might need to remove to make this go away.

One other answer would be to migrate the data you need out of the MOSS/Project site collection and import into a clean MOSS site collection and then upgrade this.  Not sure how big/complex your system is to know if that is viable or not.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:35 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Jamie,

Check out this blog post http://sharepointgeorge.com/2009/upgrading-content-db-sharepoint-2010-part-1-preupgradecheck/ , specifically using the stsadm -o deactiveatefeature command to remove the missing features.

Of course, the usual caveat of keeping a back up of your DB, thoroughly testing etc applies.

Good luck,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:47 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply, I had already tried this and was able to remove the features, but when the Database is moved to Sharepoint 2010 I still get the errors.

I have re-run the preupgrade checks on the 2007 DB and these are the results

http://www.cnlsoftware.com/Jamie/preupgradecheck.jpg

http://www.cnlsoftware.com/jamie/upgradelog.txt

So it looks as though the Features are not there.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks

Jamie

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:17 AM
  • Hi Jamie

That upgradelog has a number of PS features still in the installed features. Basically all the ones with PWS in the name. Have you removed these features too?

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:31 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update sorry its taken so long to reply have been deailing with outher issues all week.

Thanks for pointing out that there were still a number of things with pws in the log file, i disabled them and also uninstalled them but still have the same issue.

any other thoughts?

Thanks

Jamie

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

While uninstalling the Project server 2007 on MOSS , Did you follow the below steps?

1. Un-provision PWA instance/s.
    2. Delete the PWA site Collections through the Central Administration.
    3. Uninstall Project Server 2007 from the Add/Remove program on the ALL servers in the farm (Optional: Reboot the server)
    3. Run Post Setup Configuration Wizard on all the Servers in the farm one at a time

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:07 AM
  • Hi Amit,

Thanks for the info above I have tried these steps but still all the fatures are referenced in the DB and will not allow me to edit "manage Content and Structure" as i get the following error

Feature '7a8b11f4-38b2-402b-ad94-1213e25150ca' for list template '1102' is not installed in this farm. The operation could not be completed. at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureManager.GetFeatureRootAndListSchemaPaths(Guid featid, Int32 ltid, String& sPathToFeatureRoot, String& sPathToSchemaXml)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetSchemaXML(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, UInt32 sch, Boolean bOnlyViewAttributes, Boolean bExtendedFieldsProperties, ISPDataCallback pXMLCallback)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetSchemaXML(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, UInt32 sch, Boolean bOnlyViewAttributes, Boolean bExtendedFieldsProperties, ISPDataCallback pXMLCallback)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFormCollection.InitForms(Boolean bOnlyFormAttributes)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFormCollection..ctor(SPList list)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.get_Forms()
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CachedList..ctor(SPList list, CachedObjectFactory factory)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.SmtListEcbMenu.setupTypeSpecificMenu()
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.TreeViewEcbMenu.SetupMenuItems()
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.SmtEcbMenuFactory.CreateSmtEcbMenu(Control ownerTreeView, ISmtPageControl smtPageControl, ObjectSerializer treeViewObject, ObjectSerializer treeViewObjectParent, String menuPrefix)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.SmtTreeNode.createEcbMenu(Control ownerTreeView, ObjectSerializer treeViewObject, ObjectSerializer treeViewObjectParent)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.EcbEnabledTreeNode.RenderPreText(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer, Int32 position, Boolean[] isLast, Boolean enabled)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.RenderChildNodes(HtmlTextWriter writer, Int32 depth, Boolean[] isLast, Boolean enabled)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer, Int32 position, Boolean[] isLast, Boolean enabled)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at ASP._layouts_sitemanager_aspx.__RenderForm1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
     at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
    at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
    at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I have also tried to call on our unlimited Business Critical Support cases with Microsoft only to be told that they do not see SharePoint or Project Server as mission Critical applications.  Any other Ideas as i am now going bald pulling all my hair out.

Monday, July 18, 2011 9:36 AM
  • Now I see Feature '7a8b11f4-38b2-402b-ad94-1213e25150ca' for list template '1102' in the logs. Ok, You may need the Project Proposal Workflow feature enabled on the site. Either activate it on the site under site features under site settings & try again. let us know if that helps.

Also, check if that helps:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadmin/thread/4004f19f-ea0c-4d57-942f-f938023bee5b/
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262692.aspx

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Monday, July 18, 2011 9:49 AM
  • Thanks Again,

I have got so fed up with this issue that I have re-installed project server and now I am going to go through each site making sure project links are fully removed before I remove Project server.

Since installing Project server again all the sites have started working as expected.

Will let you kneo how i get on.

Regards

Jamie

Monday, July 18, 2011 2:55 PM
  • Hi Jamie, I would take a look at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197677(office.12).aspx  first - at the foot of the page. We do not support uninstall of Project Server 2007.  Best to just remove the PWA sites and stop the services.

Uninstalling from an Office SharePoint Server/Project Server 2007 deployment

Removing either Office SharePoint Server 2007 or Office Project Server 2007 from a joint installation is not supported. Installing Office SharePoint Server 2007 with Office Project Server 2007 extends the farm schema, and it cannot be undone by uninstalling one of the applications.

Best regards,

Brian.

Monday, July 18, 2011 11:26 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info, what i am trying to achive is moving MOSS 2007 to a new server running MOSS 2010, with what you have pointed out in your reply is there any way to take the contect of the site over to the new MOSS 2010 installation without the need for project server to be installed? as we do not use project and we do not have a licence for it.

Kind Regards

Jamie

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:41 AM
  • Hi Jamie - is there a mix of information in the Content DB you wish to move over?  If you have a premier contract for SharePoint you should be able to get support in acheiving this - though I see you tried Business Critical Support with no success.

One other option might be to delte the lists/entities that reference those features as I assume if you are not using Project any longer this information is not needed.  The 1102 reference is for PWAProposals feature as was mentioned earlier.  I'll see if I can identify what you might need to remove to make this go away.

One other answer would be to migrate the data you need out of the MOSS/Project site collection and import into a clean MOSS site collection and then upgrade this.  Not sure how big/complex your system is to know if that is viable or not.

Best regards,

Brian.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:35 PM
    Owner