How to route calls to AudioCode Mediant 1000 - MSBG using Lync 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Lync 2010 setup and I am struggling to get Lync to make and receive calls from externals using AudioCode Mediant 1000 - MSBG. Does anybody have a sample configuration file that I can use as template and just change the IP configuration? We should only TCP for communication. I also got a few documents from the link http://www.audiocodes.com/products/mediant-1000 but could not get them working.

Thanks in advance,

Giancarlo.

Monday, October 10, 2011 3:46 AM

Answers

• Dear Friend,

First you have to do the Lync topology publish with IP, Request and Listing Port(TCP - 5068/5060) , and you have to create Normalization rules, Routing.

Secondly you have to do the Gateway configuration

> check the unit doocumentation for default IP ( it may 10.1.10.10) and change IP to according to your Requirement

[ Network settings > IP Settings]

> Basically you have to setting up few topic ( i'm just saying to your knowledge but better to have a Audiocodes Consultant)

[ Protocol > Hunt group, Hunt group Settings]

[Proxy Registering > Proxy set table > you have to put IP(mediation Server IP:5068 Protocol ]

[Coders and definition > you have to put the codecs]

[Manipulate Table > check the document how to do Any to Any under Destination tel to IP and IP to tel]

[Routing Table > Tel to IP routing ( from any to Mediation Server IP ) and IP to Trunk any ]

check all those stuff you may have atleast one side communication.

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, October 14, 2011 1:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:06 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Giancarlo,

Are you connecting the Mediant 1000 direct to an ISDN PRI or are you connecting it to an existing PBX?

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Monday, October 10, 2011 4:45 AM
  • Hi Justin,

I'm connecting using an ISDN PRI.

Thanks,

Giancarlo.

Monday, October 10, 2011 6:16 AM
  • HI,

for the PRI Configuration with the Mediant 1000, you may need to get an Audiocodes engineer's assistance.

The connection between the LYNC Mediation Server and the Mediant 1000, yes, you can create direct SIP connection using TCP with port 5068/5060.

In the Mediation Server, you can crate the Mediant 1000 as a PSTN Gateway to use TCP with port 5060

Thamara.

Monday, October 10, 2011 6:23 AM
  • Do you create the voice policy to route the calls to the Mediant 1000 gateway?

Please check if you create correct Dial Plan.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:17 AM
  • I created the voice policy and the Dial plan based on the tool available on: http://www.lyncoptimizer.com/. So, what I need are the required parameters to make Lync route external calls on the Mediant Gateway. Would you have a sample config file?

Thanks,

Giancarlo.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:27 AM
  • There are nothing like "sample Confg files" per say. below are the steps you need to follow.

1. Create a dialplan with normalization rule for Outbound

2. Create a route based on your gateway

3. Create a Voice Policy and assign the route that you created

4. Link the voice Policy and Route using a PSTN Record

5. Try the voice touting to the gateway using "Test Voice Routing". If all is ok, it'll turn out green for all entries.

Thamara.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:55 AM
  • Hi Thamara,

The configuration file that I am after is the INI file that you can export from the Mediant Gateway. All the 5 steps you mentioned I have already configured. I was wondering if anyone could send me the config file from the Gateway so I can compare, check what parameters must be set and then test external calls.

Thanks,

Giancarlo.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:37 PM
  • The configuration file that I am after is the INI file that you can export from the Mediant Gateway. All the 5 steps you mentioned I have already configured. I was wondering if anyone could send me the config file from the Gateway so I can compare, check what parameters must be set and then test external calls.

Have you tried following the official guide at http://www.audiocodes.com/filehandler.ashx?fileid=1155054 

Some settings are deployment specific, like PRI type, next-hop server, etc etc

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Dear Friend,

First you have to do the Lync topology publish with IP, Request and Listing Port(TCP - 5068/5060) , and you have to create Normalization rules, Routing.

Secondly you have to do the Gateway configuration

> check the unit doocumentation for default IP ( it may 10.1.10.10) and change IP to according to your Requirement

[ Network settings > IP Settings]

> Basically you have to setting up few topic ( i'm just saying to your knowledge but better to have a Audiocodes Consultant)

[ Protocol > Hunt group, Hunt group Settings]

[Proxy Registering > Proxy set table > you have to put IP(mediation Server IP:5068 Protocol ]

[Coders and definition > you have to put the codecs]

[Manipulate Table > check the document how to do Any to Any under Destination tel to IP and IP to tel]

[Routing Table > Tel to IP routing ( from any to Mediation Server IP ) and IP to Trunk any ]

check all those stuff you may have atleast one side communication.

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, October 14, 2011 1:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:06 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:30 AM
  • Remember to also check your SIP trunk providers requirements for the SIP headers.

I had a similar issue, but it turned out the provider required the dial plans to make the "FROM" header send without a leading zero, and "TO" header with a leading zero. 

So after spending ages fiddling with the mediant, all I had to do was make the dial plans do virtually nothing. 

Also remember to use the lync logging tool to see where the failure is happening, and that might shed some light on your problem

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:15 PM