Calls will not complete to specfic DID Block - 404 not Found RRS feed

• Question

• I just recently switched SIP providers and one set of VTN's will not complete a call and return a 404 not found. I am using Skype for Business with an Audiocodes 1000 SBC. Both the provider and AudioCodes are pointing to a misconfiguration with Skype. These numbers worked perfectly fine before the switch and all other phone numbers are working. I have run a Wireshark capture but nothing is jumping out as the problem.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 9:12 PM

Answers

• It turns out the answer was right in front of my face, even in this thread. When I dial a number 540735XXXX it is being sent in the notification as 540732XXXX. That is why Skype is coming back with User does not exist.

• Marked as answer by FredwBB Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:41 PM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi FredwBB,

A simple workflow is as below:

Skype for Business > Mediation server > AudioCodes 1000 SBC.

I recommend you use Syslog Viewer to collect logs with AudioCodes. Check if the traffic reach to the AudioCodes 1000 SBC.

If it does, you should check the configuration with AudioCodes and contact AudioCodes Provider.

About the Syslog Viewer, please refer to:

https://flinchbot.com/2015/08/28/new-audiocodes-logging-tool-its-sexy/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Sharon,

thanks for your response.

The traffic is hitting the sbc and skype is responding with a 404 error 

This is pulled from the Mediation Server Capture:

ms-diagnostics: 1003;reason="User does not exist";destination="+1540732XXXX@fandr.com";source="LCS-FE1.corp.FandR.com"

These phone numbers are assigned to users within Skype and all other phone numbers are behaving properly.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 4:27 PM
  • It turns out the answer was right in front of my face, even in this thread. When I dial a number 540735XXXX it is being sent in the notification as 540732XXXX. That is why Skype is coming back with User does not exist.

• Marked as answer by FredwBB Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:41 PM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:41 PM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post. This will make answer searching in the forum easier.

<Issue Symptom>:

Calls will not complete to specific DID Block - 404 not Found.

<Cause>:

The provider and AudioCodes are pointing to a misconfiguration with Skype for Business.

<Solution>:

A simple workflow: Skype for Business > Mediation server > AudioCodes 1000 SBC.

When user dial a number 540735XXXX it is being sent in the notification as 540732XXXX. That is why Skype is coming back with User does not exist.

<Reference Links>:

https://flinchbot.com/2015/08/28/new-audiocodes-logging-tool-its-sexy/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:39 AM