none
IPAM GPO not applying to Domain Controllers RRS feed

• Question

• While trying to test out IPAM, I used the IPAM GPO provisioning method, and it reported that it was successful. However, none of the GPOs actually got created. I used a Domain Admin account and can find no logical explanation for this.

Monday, March 12, 2018 9:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

You should first check if the GPOs were actually created. To do this, open Server Manager (on a DC) and choose the Group Policy Management command from the Tools menu. When the Group Policy Management console opens, expand the listing for your domain and you should see the IPAM-related GPOs.

Consequently, need to make sure GPOs you’ve created properly applied. To do this, open Windows PowerShell on one of the managed servers (this won't work if you try it on your IPAM server) and enter the following commands:

gpupdate /force

gpresult /r

More detailed for this case, please refer to the following article:

https://redmondmag.com/Articles/2015/11/01/Implement-IPAM.aspx?Page=2

https://mizitechinfo.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/step-by-step-implementing-configuring-ipam-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Step-By-Step: Setup Windows Server 2012 IPAM in your environment

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2013/08/15/step-by-step-setup-windows-server-2012-ipam-in-your-environment/

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Wish you have a nice day!

Best regards, 

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by wkhan13 Monday, March 26, 2018 3:17 PM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:35 AM
  • Hi wkhan13,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Wish you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Yes, the issue was resolved! Thanks for all your help Michael Hxy.
    Monday, March 26, 2018 3:21 PM
  • Hi wkhan13,

I am very glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved!

Thanks for your posting here and sharing here as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues. 

Highly appreciate your successive effort and time. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Wish you have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Michael

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:18 AM