FCS for small business RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm running a small network with 25 computers in it. They are not in a domain. Now i'm running kaspersky on it, but this give some trouble. Now i'm looking if i can use FCS to protect the different computers. I don't need a monitoring tool or something every computer can run the antivirussoftware on there own. Is FCS a good program to do this of is it better in a domain? and what is the pricing? is it $12,72 per device per year with no other costs?

Flying35

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:00 AM

Answers

• I think is the best option either w/out management. The interface is poor, but the filesystem scanning is much more fast than other antivirus, cause is based on an pre-integrated windows component for I/O managemnet. as a matter of fact you don't have to reboot in most cases after installing FCS.

The Antivirus engine is probably the best i've ever seen, cause is detecting things that other antivirus don't. And, i repeat, is faster.

It integrates either an anti-spyware component that monitors the system for configuration changes and let the user allow or deny them (using the default answer if the user isn't interested).

Hope this helps.

Diego Castelli ITA: Questo post è fornito "così com'è". Non conferisce garanzie o diritti di alcun tipo. Ricorda di usare la funzione "segna come risposta" per i post che ti hanno aiutato a risolvere il problema e "deseleziona come risposta" quando le risposte segnate non sono effettivamente utili. Questo è particolarmente utile per altri utenti che leggono il thread, alla ricerca di soluzioni a problemi similari. ENG: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Diego Castelli Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Flying35 Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi

Its $12.72 per device per year. In your case its 25x12,72=318 dollar a year.

Source: http://www.microsoft.com/Forefront/clientsecurity/en/us/pricing-licensing.aspx

Martijn B.
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:33 AM
  • oke thanks that is good to know but on my other questions. is FCS a good program to run on all different computers in the network without a monitoring tool. Do this protect as good as other antivirus programs?
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:40 AM
  • I think is the best option either w/out management. The interface is poor, but the filesystem scanning is much more fast than other antivirus, cause is based on an pre-integrated windows component for I/O managemnet. as a matter of fact you don't have to reboot in most cases after installing FCS.

The Antivirus engine is probably the best i've ever seen, cause is detecting things that other antivirus don't. And, i repeat, is faster.

It integrates either an anti-spyware component that monitors the system for configuration changes and let the user allow or deny them (using the default answer if the user isn't interested).

Hope this helps.

Diego Castelli ITA: Questo post è fornito "così com'è". Non conferisce garanzie o diritti di alcun tipo. Ricorda di usare la funzione "segna come risposta" per i post che ti hanno aiutato a risolvere il problema e "deseleziona come risposta" quando le risposte segnate non sono effettivamente utili. Questo è particolarmente utile per altri utenti che leggono il thread, alla ricerca di soluzioni a problemi similari. ENG: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Flying35 Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:09 PM
  • Thanks that helps a lot, the poor interface don't need to be a problem. I need to look about that.
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 1:14 PM
  • You can download a 120 days trial and set up with "clientsetup /NOMOM" from the correct folder (client\<architecture>).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/bb738009.aspx

Bye!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:40 AM
  • Unless I'm misreading, you can put MS Security Essentials on up to 10 of
    those computers for free, beginning in early October.

<Flying35> wrote in message
    news:50369261-2c54-40ec-80f9-5dda6ed7a63d@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm running a small network with 25 computers in it. They are not in a
    > domain. Now i'm running kaspersky on it, but this give some trouble. Now
    > i'm looking if i can use FCS to protect the different computers. I don't
    > need a monitoring tool or something every computer can run the
    > antivirussoftware on there own. Is FCS a good program to do this of is it
    > better in a domain? and what is the pricing? is it $12,72 per device per
    > year with no other costs?
    >