Icon Size RRS feed

• Question

• Users increase the size of their text and other items in the Control Panel>Display menu.  They increase from 100% to 125%, log off and logon.  The next reboot will set the size back to 100%.  This appears to have started after the Novemeber updates were installed but we cannot isolate a particular update that may be causing this.  Is there a reagistry setting that needs to be reset or created that will keep the changes in place after a reboot?

Thanks.

Friday, December 14, 2012 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to perform a system restore or just deleted these updates for test?

You could also try to create a new user account for test. If it works, please refer to Fix a corrupted user profile.

Also, test the issue in Clean Boot .

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by davemill99 Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:06 PM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:49 AM
  • I created a baseline image on a test system.  I was able to make the display changes when the system was not a member of a domain.  As soon as I added the system to the domain any changes I made on the display size did not keep.  I ran the RSOP tool and there is a policy that controls the display settings for our VDI environment that may be spilling over into our regular environment.    I have asked our server admins to have alook at this.
    • Marked as answer by davemill99 Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:07 PM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you think this issue is affected by Windows Update, I suggest you perform a system restore before this issue occurred.

Then, manually install the updates to check the result.

Regards,

Vincent Wang

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Thank you for your response.  I have removed and installed the updates from November and there has been no change. 
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to perform a system restore or just deleted these updates for test?

You could also try to create a new user account for test. If it works, please refer to Fix a corrupted user profile.

Also, test the issue in Clean Boot .

Regards,

Vincent Wang

• Marked as answer by davemill99 Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:06 PM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:49 AM
  • I created a baseline image on a test system.  I was able to make the display changes when the system was not a member of a domain.  As soon as I added the system to the domain any changes I made on the display size did not keep.  I ran the RSOP tool and there is a policy that controls the display settings for our VDI environment that may be spilling over into our regular environment.    I have asked our server admins to have alook at this.
    • Marked as answer by davemill99 Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:07 PM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:07 PM