MDT Automation Question RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to have one deployment share that serves as both a lite touch and a zero touch deployment.   I feel like it would be really simple but I'm not sure exactly where to start. 

I currently have  my deployment share setup for zero touch using USB boot media.  What I would like to have is a script at the beginning that waits a few seconds for user input and if it doesn't receive any after a time out it continues on and processes the default customsettings.ini  but if it receives some type of input then it processes an alternative cutomsettings.ini file. 

I think this could also be done by creating 2 separate sections in a single customsettings.ini [zeroTouch], [liteTouch].  one where all the skips=yes and one where all the skips=no.  What I'm not quite sure how to do is get a script to run at the beginning of the process.   

how can I accomplish this?  

Friday, April 7, 2017 8:15 PM

All replies

• I use LocationServer.xml to offer the choice of deployment shares. One share is fully automated and meant to be used by our media services department, the other share is setup for techs and will prompt for choices.

There are different ways to handle it. It could be a single share and if you know which computers will be setup a certain way you could use a database (identify systems by serial number, mac, etc.) or customsettings to skip the wizard and provide all the settings for those systems.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, April 10, 2017 4:42 PM