none
status column MS Project RRS feed

• Question

• I have a MS project file 2007.  Why is it when I add a new sub task, the upper level status colum does not reflect the update?  The upper level still shows completed rather that late, on schedule or future task? 
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:46 AM

Answers

• Lety C,

That's the exact scenario I used in my sample test file, a summary line with all subtasks set to 100% complete. As soon as I add a new subtask, the summary line percent complete changes and so does the Status.

Could you send me you file. I'd like to take a look at it. My address is below. I will ask some questions.

John

jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm

(remove obvious redundancies, the 7th character is an alpha)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:43 PM

All replies

• Is it possible that Calculation is set to Manual for this project?
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:55 AM
  • I have it set as automatic
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:16 AM
  • Lety C,

Are you absolutely sure you have Tools/Options/Calculation set to automatic?

In a sample test file using Project 2007 it works fine for me unless I set calculation to manual. However, that's assuming by "upper level" you mean summary line. More details on exactly what you have would help us help you.

John

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:01 AM
  • Yes I have Tools/Options/Calculation set to automatic.  I also clicked on the "calculate now" and that did not update the status colum for the summary task status.   I did a few more test to try and isolate the issue. 

I noticed that if the % complete is less than 100% and I add a subtask then the the update to the summary line "status" column reflects the new status late ect.  The issue only seems to happen when I have a Summary task that shows as 100% and all subtask are 100%.  When I add a new task, the % complete for the summary is updated, but the status, remains as "complete" rather than late, future task...

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:32 PM
  • Lety C,

That's the exact scenario I used in my sample test file, a summary line with all subtasks set to 100% complete. As soon as I add a new subtask, the summary line percent complete changes and so does the Status.

Could you send me you file. I'd like to take a look at it. My address is below. I will ask some questions.

John

jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm

(remove obvious redundancies, the 7th character is an alpha)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:43 PM
  • can you resend me your email, it does not seem to be correct.

Thanks Let

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Lety C,

The encoded e-mail address I gave you is correct. I encode it to avoid bots and spam. Look at it very carefully. It has two ats and two dots, those are the redundancies.

John

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 5:04 PM
  • still having issues trying to send u the email...Can u send me an email at lc2748 and then you can add at the end "@ then att.com" at and I can reply to that one?
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 5:38 PM