none
show overall status in project center with traffic lights RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we are using MS Office Project Server 2007 in our company. Currently we are showing the schedule and cost variance as traffic lights in the project center.

1. Issue: For some projects traffic lights are not displayed even it has been baselined properly

2. Issue: We want to show also the overall status of the projects in the project center. PM's has three options to choose  the overall status green, red, and yellow. But we are adding this customized field "overall status" the traffic lights are not dispaying. Instead of that only values like 1,0, or -1 is showing up. for the custom attributes setting I choosed Lookup table and for the "values to display" I choosed graphical indicators.

Hope you can help me.

Regards

Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi GU60882,

This is long ago for me, version 2007... but there were 2 causes:

• All projects had to be republished
    • It was a bug in MOPS 2007, so a hotfix was needed!

So:

• Check if the concerned projects are republished after the introduction of the traffic lights.
    • Finaly, this problem was solved by installation of a cumulative update: I don't exactly remember which one, but I think it was the august CU after SP2.

After this it worked!

Regards
    Wim 

Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Hi Wim Van Den Bergh,

thanks for your reply. The traffic lights are not showing up at all. Also not for already published projects. Only the values -1, 1, and 0. But the traffic lights for the schedule variance and time variance is showing up. The difference is that here there is a formula in the enterprise custom fields. In the overall status I refer to lookup table instead of formula. I guess this issue has something to do with the setting in custom fields. But I could not figure it out.

thanks

Regards

Friday, December 30, 2011 12:53 PM
  •  

I used it to get rather complex evaluations visualised in project centre, so it was a formula as well.

At wich CU are you at this moment?

You can use the queries below for a version check of Project Server and Sharepoint:

use Reporting
    select * from versions
    where versionid = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'

use sharepoint_config
    select * from versions
    where versionid = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'

The installation date of the last fixes is 6th sept 2009, so this should be CU Aug 2009!

Friday, December 30, 2011 12:57 PM
  • What I would add to this is...

Do the correct traffic lights show when you open the project in Project Pro?  Check this and it will show if the formula is working.  If so, publish the project, if the traffic lights are not showing then you have hit a bug, which MS don't seem to be able to fix, check the latest CU/SP level.  If the traffic lights are not showing in MS Project Pro, then your formula is incorrect.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Sunday, January 1, 2012 7:15 PM
  • Describe the fields you are using for this setup. describe the settings for the task level field with regard to the formula and the rollup settings. also describe the project level field.

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Monday, January 2, 2012 4:06 AM