How to force autodiscover v1 for outlook 2019 on autodiscover server side RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking at what Outlook 2019 does when adding new account. After entering email it queries autodiscover server here:

"GET /autodiscover/autodiscover.json?Email=test2%40plewa.it&Protocol=ActiveSync&RedirectCount=1 HTTP/1.1"

Now ActiveSync protocol is not supported here. Only Autodiscoverv1 is supported. 

But outlook 2019 doesn't retry with Autodiscoverv1 query.

It also doesn't query autodiscover/autodiscover.xml service.

So, what autodiscover.json API response would cause Outlook 2019 to retry with Autodiscoverv1 protocol?

Tried forcing autodiscover.json to answer like:

HTTP 404:

{"ErrorCode":"InvalidProtocol","ErrorMessage":"The given protocol value  ActiveSync is invalid. Supported values are AutodiscoverV1"}

but it doesn't do anything for outlook 2019.

Friday, February 7, 2020 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you done any settings for Autodiscower?

What's the version of your Exchange server? Is it an account configured inside or outside the domain?

In this situation, please try right-clicking your Outlook icon on the bottom right > Test Email AutoConfiguration... > Type your Email Address and Password > Check only "Use AutoDiscover" and uncheck "Use Guessmart" and "Secure Guessmart Authentication". > Test and see the results.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 9:17 AM