none
Integration between SAP Recipe Development (RD) and MS Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We currently use SAP RD to create Engineer Change Records (ECR) to track changes in our process. Is there a way to integrate RD with MS Project to support better tracking and forecasting end dates?

I look forward to your thoughts.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Friday, November 15, 2013 8:59 PM

All replies

• There is a link between SAP and Project Server, but I doubt to SAP RD.

So what interface does RD have? Excel, XML or?

I suspect any interface is going to be via an interim file. If you need to match a record in RD with a Task in Project then you need to have the Project Unique ID or Task name in RD.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Thanks Rod, So far we have no able to download only some parts of the ECRs. Ideally, it would better to have the full routing transferred to Excel. Regards, Jeffrey
    Monday, November 18, 2013 9:19 AM
  • Thanks again Rod,

I appreciate your insights. I decided that I would manually replicate the SAP RD Process route into MS Project and use the schedule to track my dates.

Regards,

Jeffrey
    Monday, December 2, 2013 2:09 PM
  • Hi Jeffrey,

out of the box this is not a functionality that Project Server offers, however there are products available that automatically synchronize between SAP and Project Server (e.g. CS Connect by Campana & Schott - the company I work for).

In your described use case I would propose to read the list of ECRs from a BAPI and transfer those elements to the Microsoft project plan as tasks.

Kind regards,
    Bastian

Friday, December 6, 2013 12:35 PM