none
Secondary DPM 2012 R2 can't see VM. RRS feed

• Question

• We have primary and secondary DPM servers backing up VMs (among other things).  On one particular Hyper-V host I am backing up 3 VMs.  The secondary DPM is getting 2 of those VMs, but it can't see the third at all (when I go through the wizard to add it).  I've rebooted both DPM servers.  The only other clue I have is that all 3 of these VMs were moved to another hyper-v host and then eventually moved back.  I wasn't involved in that part, but I didn't have trouble backing any of them up until now.

Ideas?  Things I can look at?  I'm not getting any error messages, it's just not there.  Am I falling into something unsupported?  It backs up just fine on the primary.

DPM 2012 R2 running on Windows 2012 R2 (both DPM servers).  Both up to date - 4.2.1594

The hyper-v host is also Windows 2012 R2

Monday, August 28, 2017 6:37 PM

Answers

• In case anyone comes across this, I eventually solved this issue by removing the VM in question from the primary DPM server and then re-added it.  Once the replica was created, I checked for it on the secondary and it was there.  I'm assuming there was some cache situation that was keeping it from being seen on the secondary DPM because of all the movement of the VMs.
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Yost Friday, February 23, 2018 12:34 PM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 12:34 PM

All replies

• Did you already tried to refresh the cache? Check the link.

Data sources appear to be inaccurate or missing

MCSE, MCSA, MS, MCP, MCTS, System Engineer

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Yeah.  That's first thing I did.  Doesn't make a difference for some reason.  At this point I'm assuming it has something to do with it being moved around, but that's just a guess honestly.
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:33 AM
  • In case anyone comes across this, I eventually solved this issue by removing the VM in question from the primary DPM server and then re-added it.  Once the replica was created, I checked for it on the secondary and it was there.  I'm assuming there was some cache situation that was keeping it from being seen on the secondary DPM because of all the movement of the VMs.
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Yost Friday, February 23, 2018 12:34 PM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 12:34 PM