Issue with migrating Lync on prem users to Skype online-error:Move-CsUser : Failed to connect live id servers. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are planning to configure Lync server 2013 hybrid.

I have completed the hybrid configuration in our test  on prem Lync infrastructure

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205386(v=ocs.15).aspx

Environment details: Lync server 2013 (with 1 FE and 1 Edge) configured which works fine

While trying to move a on prem user to Skype online from the Lync Frontend server, I am getting the following error

From the error, it seemed the server was unable to connect to Microsoft ID  servers so we have opened the  ports  in the firewall for Office 365 authentication and identity (ref:https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Office-365-URLs-and-IP-address-ranges-8548a211-3fe7-47cb-abb1-355ea5aa88a2). I have tested telnet ports from the frontend server with success.

But still the issue exists.The Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant is installed on the server and running,

If anyone has come across this issue and share the resolution, that will be much appreciated.Regards,

Imrul

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:56 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

The issue has been resolved.

I had to install Skype for Business Online, Windows PowerShell Module  on the Lync frontend server and allowing that frontend server to access internet bypassing proxy authentication.

You will need to allow the Frontend server to access  the Authentication ID server and Skype for Business Online related IP with bypassing Proxy authentication.

After that, I was able to migrate the onprem users to Skype Online.

Regards,,

Imrul

• Marked as answer by Imrul Emon Friday, October 14, 2016 6:07 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Imrul,

Please use a Cloud only admin account to migrate the users. If you already used the Cloud admin account and it fails, change to another Cloud Admin account to check.

Based on my experience, this error would occur if the admin account has incorrect permissions or the Hosted Migration Service URL for the Office 365 tenant was not set correctly. So you can also confirm the Hosted Migration Service URL by referring to https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204969(v=ocs.15).aspx

Best Regards,
    Jessie Yuan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hi Jessie,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried with the tenant admin account and checked the hosted service URL which is correct. I am still having the same error message.

Regards,

Imrul

Friday, September 23, 2016 4:05 AM
  • Hi All,

The issue has been resolved.

I had to install Skype for Business Online, Windows PowerShell Module  on the Lync frontend server and allowing that frontend server to access internet bypassing proxy authentication.

You will need to allow the Frontend server to access  the Authentication ID server and Skype for Business Online related IP with bypassing Proxy authentication.

After that, I was able to migrate the onprem users to Skype Online.

Regards,,

Imrul

• Marked as answer by Imrul Emon Friday, October 14, 2016 6:07 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 6:07 AM
  • how? Can you provide more details?!
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:49 PM