none
Clean install to new HD

Question

• Hi,

Recent C drive terminal failure (terminal dandruff I suspect...) leads to mass panic...

Windows 7 Ultimate was pre-installed on the PC and obviously the supplied rescue disc is as about as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

I now have a new HD and need to put Windows 7 Ultimate on it. Do I have to buy a whole new disc & license or is there another way?

All helpful comments gratefully received. Unhelpful comments will be used as a source of amusement :)

Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Exoria.

You have to ask the computer's manufacturer is there could be any way to reinstall your Windows 7 to another disk: since it was pre-installed on the PC, it is an OEM license bound to the hardware it has sold with.
    If the answer is negative, you'll have to buy a new Full Retail license of Windows 7.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, May 19, 2018 1:09 PM
  • If you have the OS cd installation cds,youre set..Simply boot pc to BIOS,in BIOS set cdrom as 1st boot priority/HD 2nd/install OS cd,save & exit BIOS..Look for "Press any key to boot to cd),at OS cd menu,create a partition/format/the OS installs auto..The pc mfg cds were not created for nothing,use them...
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 4:21 AM