Shortcut changes in the management console bug? RRS feed

• Question

• If I go into the shortcuts tab and select or type a new shortcut the apply button stays grayed out.  If I click OK and go back in the change was not made.  Is this a bug?

If I type in the field, the apply button is un-grayed.  The chane then applies successfully.  Very annoying nonetheless.

Thanks
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 3:50 PM

Answers

• Yep, there's generic problem with the Apply / OK in the application record screen (not just shortcuts). Change any value and if you don't press Apply first and OK second, you lost your changes. Got this recently in the training class where one student wondered that his change didn't go through :-O

OK should always persist changes even without Apply.

/Kalle
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, December 21, 2009 5:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:05 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 6:27 AM

All replies

• Yeah this looks ridiculous. Why on earth they didn’t capture the drop down event and code the Apply button?

Monday, April 20, 2009 4:16 PM
  • Yep, there's generic problem with the Apply / OK in the application record screen (not just shortcuts). Change any value and if you don't press Apply first and OK second, you lost your changes. Got this recently in the training class where one student wondered that his change didn't go through :-O

OK should always persist changes even without Apply.

/Kalle
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, December 21, 2009 5:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:05 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 6:27 AM