A remote desktop services deployment does not exist in the server pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Have Problem after i removed all remote desktop services and installed them again

It's maybe a domain problem because if i make a new server i just getting same error any idea's?

Can't rdp to the server getting error 802/RD connection broker failed to process the connection request for user domain\Username. element not found.

Running 2012 R2

Roles installed on server:

Remote Desktop connection broker

Remote Desktop Session Host

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Did you create a new RDS deployment using Add roles and features -- RDS install -- Quick -- Session-based -- etc?  This is necessary if you removed all RDS roles and reinstalled them.

-TP

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:54 PM
  • Thank you for the reply
    When i installed the roles from add roles and features i only have these options:

And i do not see (RDS quick session based) is it not something you choose in the deployment overview that i cannot access?

Thursday, August 17, 2017 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

You need to select Remote Desktop Services installation in the beginning of the Add roles and features wizard.  For example, click Add roles and features, click Next, select RDS installation, click next, etc.

-TP

• Marked as answer by TP []MVP Friday, August 18, 2017 1:27 PM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

Here is a screenshot below for you:

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Hi

I only getting the options on the picture before it install the services

Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:16 AM
  • I only getting the options on the picture before it install the services

Hi,

You should be able to choose the RDS installation option at Installation Type page, which is 2 steps before Server Roles page that your screenshot displays.

Please ensure that Domain Admin account is logged on and all RDS servers belonging to the RDS deployment are added into Server Pool then try again.

Best Regards,

Amy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:23 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:22 AM
  • If it's this page i have been selecting those i need

Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

No, please go to previous page that says Installation Type (second step), which is right after Before You Begin page.

Check this article below, which contains screenshots that would be useful:

Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Quick Start Deployment for RemoteApp, Windows
    Server 2012 Style

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yungchou/2013/02/07/remote-desktop-services-rds-quick-start-deployment-for-remoteapp-windows-server-2012-style/

Best Regards,

Amy

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tobias2222 Friday, August 18, 2017 12:02 PM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:52 AM
  • Hi

I see that now and it works

But i still have problems to rdp to the server getting error 1306, 1296, 802?

Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:23 AM
  • Hi,

Was a RDS collection created as TP and the article above instructed?

Best Regards,

Amy

Friday, August 18, 2017 3:41 AM
  • I have the same issue, I removed RDS and installed it from 'installation Type' is RDS installation and I have one server, I still have the same error. 

I have been researching all over and not one good answer. Some people even said IPV6 should be disabled, and I did but no difference at all. And that person also said he created ticket for MSoft and they didnt have any idea. I will attach the posting below if i find it. HOWEVER ANYONE HAS THE SOLUTION WOULD BE APPRICIATED. THANKS bekir

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:33 PM
  • <cite class="user" style="font-style:normal;font-weight:bold;">Unknown</cite>August 7, 2017 at 1:13 PM

Been fitting this for a while. Did tons of Google searches and was not able to find anything to fix this issue. Even opened a support ticket with Microsoft. Spent over 2 hours on the phone with them and they had no clue. They were going to research it over the weekend and call me back. Just happen to stumble on this post today and it totally fixed my issue. Thanks for posting this.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:28 PM
  • I had this exact same issue this week (3/21/2018) and this was due to the fact that I recently linked a GPO to the domain level OU. The GPO ran a Set-ExecutionPolicy remotesigned. Once I moved the GPO from the domain OU over to the USER OU this issue went away after a gpupdate on the server.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:58 PM
  • Hello,

I had the same issue.

I was sure it was correctly installed because usable.

I solved in just logging in with a Domain admin' account : I then see the collections.

Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:48 PM