Folder redirecting to the wrong location when using shortcut. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Myself and a few colleagues have been scratching their head with this one. Here is the brief Scenario. There are two folders on a network share 

Brew Co IT

and

BrewCo

when I try to create a shortcut to the BrewCo folder it will automatically direct it to the Brew Co IT folder. This also happens if put the path into windows explorer it seems the only way to get it to point to the BrewCo folder is through mapping the drive. It seems as if because BrewCo is in the name it is taking the Brew Co IT folder as preference. If anyone could help that would be great as it's driving me mad.

Thanks

Lee

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This article may help you.

Folder Redirection functionality "Move Content to new location" can lead to dataloss

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749718

In addition, you could also try to fix it required disabling 'Move contents to new location' in the folder redirection GPO for Desktop, My Documents, etc.

Did this and remove the old user .v2 profile to prevent any issues, logged back in received all desktop icons, documents folder files, etc.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Monday, October 17, 2016 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lee Miller 01 Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:24 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This article may help you.

Folder Redirection functionality "Move Content to new location" can lead to dataloss

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749718

In addition, you could also try to fix it required disabling 'Move contents to new location' in the folder redirection GPO for Desktop, My Documents, etc.

Did this and remove the old user .v2 profile to prevent any issues, logged back in received all desktop icons, documents folder files, etc.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Monday, October 17, 2016 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lee Miller 01 Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:24 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Hi thanks for the reply but this isn't a folder redirection issue. It is just a normal shortcut on a desktop pointing to a folder on the network. If I point the shortcut to 

\\Gkntbackup\shared\Scanned Work\BrewCo

Windows redirects it to 

\\Gkntbackup\shared\Scanned Work\Brew Co IT

automatically meaning I cannot create a shortcut to the correct location. 

Friday, October 7, 2016 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:32 AM