none
project 2010 - applying base calendars to resources RRS feed

• Question

• This is a minor issue, but it's bugging me. I created a custom base calendar and successfully applied it to my resources (I can tell because each resource's calendar reflects my new base calendar's name and working dates), however, the working hours for each resource (as shown next to the calendar display, still reflect the Project 2010 Standard based calendar and not my custom base calendar (even though I set the work hours on the custom calendar).  The difference is not huge, but I will need to compensate for it for projects of long duration if I can't fix it. Anybody run into this and/or have any advice?

Thx!

Zahava

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:30 PM

All replies

• HI,

your project professional calendar option also needs to match your enterprise calendar settings.

go to file - > options -> schedule and change the number of hours and working time for this project and for all future project as well.

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:35 PM
  • Hi,

I should have included in my original post that I did update the project professional calendar options to match our workday--which is why I'm so confused that they are not applied to the resources.

Zahava

Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:25 PM
  • Zahava:

Just because you changed a resource calendar, doesn't mean that you changed the Project calendar. The standard working times will refelct the project calendar. Best practice is to modify the standard calendar and then add exceptions for specific resources. If your resources are using one calendar and your project is using another, things won't make a lot of sense. In this case it sounds like you need to make your custom calendar the project calendar as well or consider changing the approach.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Hi,

You are absolutely right in that they should match. What could be disturbing is that what you see next to the calendar display are the working hours only for the selected day, not necessarily for all days.

Just a thought...

Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:46 PM