Windows Server 2003 cant synchronize with correct EU time. And its not deploying on Clients RRS feed

• Question

• I have really been searching alot and found many sites but they are so complicated for me. I just need someone who can shortly explain it to me step by step what to type so that my Domain Server which is Win2003 and corrects and deploys the time too all clients on the domain network. This isnt happening for some reason all pcs have different time. I need someone please who can explain it to me what do i need to type to fix that.

Thanks alot

MR

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

1. Run command "netdom query pdc" on your DC to find the PDC server. By default domain hierarchy, domain servers/clients sync time from DC which holds the PDC role.

2. On the DC holding the PDCEmulator FSMO Role, run command below to sync time from external time server.(ensure your Internet firewall open UDP port 123 for the SNTP service)
    w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time-a.nist.gov /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
    net stop w32time
    net start w32time

Note: You could change the time source (time-a.nist.gov) to your region time server.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262680

3. On other DCs (that are not the PDC Emulator), run command below to sync time from domain PDC server
    w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update
    net stop w32time
    net start w32time

If some servers/clients have configured time service before, run command to reset time service to default value
    net stop w32time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start w32time

http://msmvps.com/blogs/acefekay/archive/2009/09/18/configuring-the-windows-time-service-for-windows-server.aspx

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Rick Tan Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:27 AM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:30 AM