none
Truncated text in message box on login screen after Creators update RRS feed

• Question

• I implement own credential provider (version 1) and call messagebox in some cases on the login screen.
    After updating to version 1703 (Creators update) any text in message box displays truncated. It happens only on the login screen. How to fix it?

Monday, June 5, 2017 12:29 PM

All replies

• How did you implement it? Did you program it with Visual Studio?

You may report this through Feedback Hub app.

Monday, June 5, 2017 12:54 PM
  • Hi rbw10,

How did you implement it?

Considering the issue occurred after we upgrade the machine, there may be a compatibility issue. We may need to debug the credential provider you have developed. For debuging the code, it is recommended to ask for help from our MSDN forum.
    MSDN forum
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Hi,
    I use Microsoft C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.215 for x64 and build credential provider in console. I implement ICredentialProvider and ICredentialProviderCredential interface. It worked stablly before updating to version 1703.

I call function MessageBoxW. For example, code

MessageBoxW (NULL, L"Custom credential provider. Text in message box", L"Some title", MB_OK | MB_ICONERROR);

will display message box with text: "Custom credential provider. Text in". Expected text: "Custom credential provider. Text in message box". It doesn't depend on the place of a call in a code.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:54 PM