Why was the Compatibility Mode checked by default for my product in Win7? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,
    The installer (msi) of my product contains an exe file. After install it in Win 7, right-click the exe file, on Properties\Compatibility tab, the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" was checked by default, then my product can't work correctly. After I changed the setting, unchecked it, my product worked.
    In XP, this issue doesn't reproduce.
    Does anyone experience the same issue? Or does anyone know why the option was checked by default and how to resolve it?
    Thanks,
    - Mervin
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:56 AM

Answers

•  

Hi, thank you for posting here.

What product did you install? Does this issue occurs with another installer? Does it compatible with Windows 7? You can check it on:

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

It should be configured by the software provider, you’d better ask the product manufacturer for further help.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:07 AM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:16 AM