Recipients stripped from To field RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I have a strange issue,

Our mail setup is as follows:

Internet --> F-secure AV/spam gateway --> Postfix --> Exchange 2016

One of our employees is sending email from an external application, "LiveLink" livelinkxxxxx@iso.org

Those emails are sent to different recipients in the World including her own Corporate email and two colleagues at our Company.

When our employees get Those emails the recipients in the to field are stripped, out of 28 recipients they can only see the first 12, and sometimes the last recipients is "cut off" for example: alias@v , in some cases an external recipient gets OUR domain replacing their own.

All other recipients can se all off the recipients in their to field, we tested to my gmail adress aswell and i can see all 28.

Anyone recognize this strange behaviour ?

• Edited by Lars R Krans Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:35 AM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:00 AM

Answers

• Hi!

we have determined the problem is with proofpoint and not Exchange Server.

• Marked as answer by Lars R Krans Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:15 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does other organization recipients could see all recipients in To list?

In this scenario, I would suggest you provisionally bypass intermediate equipment, point MX record to your Exchange server directly. Then send emails from this application and check it again.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 8:49 AM
  • Hi!

we have determined the problem is with proofpoint and not Exchange Server.

• Marked as answer by Lars R Krans Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:15 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:15 AM