none
There is no wireless interface on the system RRS feed

• Question

• Attempting to import wireless profiles to a computer.  In this case, the computer is a 'golden reference' VM which will be used to deploy to laptops, and we would like to have the wireless profiles pre-loaded so they will automatically connect to the employee network, and have the password for the guest network.

What was done:
    On another laptop I was able to export the profiles

netsh wlan export profile %SSIDName% folder=c:\%folder%

On the VM I enabled the service WLAN AutoConfig, and then tried the command

netsh wlan add profile filename=%path and name%

But then I got the error "There is no wireless interface on the system"... which is true enough, because there isn't one... but there *will* be one, and it would be great if this could be pre-populated

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Caeden

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 3:57 PM

Answers

•   A vm does not have any wireless adapters. They can access wireless networks, but the emulated adapter in the vm is Ethernet.

Bill

• Marked as answer by CaedenV Friday, January 25, 2019 2:53 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:12 AM

All replies

•   A vm does not have any wireless adapters. They can access wireless networks, but the emulated adapter in the vm is Ethernet.

Bill

• Marked as answer by CaedenV Friday, January 25, 2019 2:53 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:12 AM
  • I guess the question is; why do we need a wireless adapter to pre-populate a wireless network field?  I would have thought that the hardware and software would be sort of seperate here, because this seems like something people would want to do when deploying to laptops.

Granted, I suppose most places can push wifi networks through GP to their laptops, but ours do not go on the domain.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:57 PM