IE will not open in Window 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a new Dell laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. I use a security program that only uses IE.  I cannot get IE to open in Windows 10.  It keeps trying to open but never does.
    Saturday, January 16, 2016 6:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In order to assist you with current problem, we need to get a confirmation from you.

What happened when you open IE browser? Is there any message or dialog pop up? Tell us the situation in detail and we could diagnose your issue.

In my opinion, please try switch another administrator account to see the result.

Besides, as you mentioned, the security program is also worth to be noticed, have you configured any setting on it? If you have, rollback those settings to see the result.

Clean boot here is useful to check if it’s related to security app, please have a try.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:16 AM

All replies

• I bought a new Dell laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. I use a security program that only uses IE.  I cannot get IE to open in Windows 10.

Does the computer belong to you or your employer?

What's the "security program?"

Have you ever run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

Have you enabled access to Internet Explorer 11 via Programs and Features | Turn Windows features on or off yet?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Sunday, January 17, 2016 11:21 PM
  • Hi,

In order to assist you with current problem, we need to get a confirmation from you.

What happened when you open IE browser? Is there any message or dialog pop up? Tell us the situation in detail and we could diagnose your issue.

In my opinion, please try switch another administrator account to see the result.

Besides, as you mentioned, the security program is also worth to be noticed, have you configured any setting on it? If you have, rollback those settings to see the result.

Clean boot here is useful to check if it’s related to security app, please have a try.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:16 AM
  • Marked as answer by  Kate Li<abbr class="affil">Microsoft contingent staff, Moderator</abbr> 

How can there be an ANSWER if OP never returned to thread?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:24 AM