Problem with Saving MS Project 2010 Professional file on our Sharepoint site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am having problems getting my changes saved to an MS Project 2010 Professional file on our Sharepoint site.
    I can check the file out, make changes and save, and check back in for Sharepoint to show that I was the last to modify it, BUT when I open the file again, the changes aren't there. I am using Project Pro.
    There are at least two others who make changes to that file, but they don't have to do all that and their changes save just fine. They're using Project Standard and I am using Pro .

Any Pointers why this issue happens only for me?

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that the changes of the Project files could not save in the SharePoint.

I tried to reproduce the issue using the Project 2010 Professional, the files worked well in SharePoint.

Did the issue occur in other libraries? You can create a new library to check whether it works.

Or you can check the event log and ULS log to see if anything unexpected occurred.

To check event log, click the Start button and type “Event Viewer” in the Search box.

For SharePoint 2010, by default, ULS log is at

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS

You can also use your account in another PC to check whether it works.

If it works, the issue may be related to the Office, you can try to repair the Office to check whether it works.

You can also download a copy in the local machine, then make a change to check whether it works.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lindali Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:31 AM