Delivery to specific domain(s) delayed and/or undelivered RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

We are running Exchange 2000 and emails that we send to specific domains (2 that I know of) are delayed where after 12 hours a sender on our end will receive a delay message stating:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

And of course Exchange will continue to retry to send the message for 2 days and after which time an NDR will be generated with the 4.4.7 error message which states

Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.

I performed a checkdns.net lookup on one of the domains in question and in the section for their MX records it indicates "Error connecting to mail server smtp.xxxxxxx.net[xxx.xx.xxx.xx] port 25 : Connection refused" for one of the mail servers, but then another server is listed and communication to that server is OK.

My question is would this be why we may have problems sendind to this domain and if so, is there anything that I can do on my end to automatucally route emails from our domain to a specific email server for their domain? Or better said, is there anything that I can do on this end to resolve this, or is there anything I can tell to do or look for on their end to resolve this? They claim that we're the only people having problems sending email to them.

Thanks,

KC

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:32 PM