Folder protection using RMS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to protect a folder using RMS. So i would like to ask how can I do that? Is it possible only through ADRMS or it can also be protected from cloud.

Regards,

Tirthamoy Das

Thursday, August 6, 2015 7:52 AM

All replies

• You can use the RMSProtection tool to do this with the Protect-RMSFile cmdlet. For example, this protects all the current files in the E:\Documents folder, using an Azure RMS template (you get the template ID by running the Get-RMSTemplate command):

PS C:\> Protect-RMSFile -Folder "E:\Documents" -TemplateID e6ee2481-26b9-45e5-b34a-f744eacd53b0

This recently released PowerShell module supports both AD RMS and Azure RMS.  But for Azure RMS, you must connect by using a service principal - you can't currently use a standard user account.  There's a new version in the works to fix this but meanwhile, there are instructions how to use a service principal account in the accompanying documentation.

______

Update: Documentation is now available online - see RMS Protection Cmdlets. However, note the current limitation on this page that the cmdlets for Azure RMS are not yet supported outside North America.

Friday, August 7, 2015 4:39 PM