.NET framework installation with lightweight gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

Reference to below statement from MS documentation

During installation, the .Net Framework 4.6.1 is installed and might cause a reboot of the domain controller.

Just wanted to know if .NET Framework would be part of the binaries or will it be downloaded from the internet during the setup. I ask because I don't have internet on my domain controllers so if .NET Framework is downloaded from the internet as part of the setup the setup might fail.

Senior Technical Consultant, MDS Computers

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:36 AM

Answers

• Yes, .net 4.6.1 is part of the payload and can be installed offline if needed.

If 4.6.1 or higher is installed, it will be skipped.

Actually, the recommendation is to install .net yourself if needed, so you can easily plan the DC maintenance if needed. then, installing the GW won't need a reboot unless there is already a pending reboot for the machine.

• Marked as answer by Shoaib Hassan Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:34 PM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:07 PM

All replies

• Also please confirm the installation of .NET Framework will be skipped if there is already a higher version installed.

• Unmarked as answer by Shoaib Hassan Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:34 PM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Yes, .net 4.6.1 is part of the payload and can be installed offline if needed.

If 4.6.1 or higher is installed, it will be skipped.

Actually, the recommendation is to install .net yourself if needed, so you can easily plan the DC maintenance if needed. then, installing the GW won't need a reboot unless there is already a pending reboot for the machine.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:07 PM
  • Thank You Eli

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:34 PM