none
Adding a watermark on a Visio file programatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a workflow where Visio files for completed projects get sent to a folder in a server for archiving, I would like to create a small application that watches the folder and if any new file gets added, to add a "Archive" image into the Visio file. 

I have problem understanding the Visio xml-like schema and have no idea what/where I should insert to do this watermarking.

The example at :Office Dev Center"  is not really complete and it sorts of just iterate through until it finds a "string" attribute and then changes that. The example does not cover adding or removing of elements.

I hope someone can point me towards the right direction. I do not have Visio installed in the server and as such will not be using interops. I am looking for examples on pure C# console application implementation.

Thank you in advance.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I know that your question is mainly related to application development for Visio. This forum focuses on general questions, comments and discussions for IT Professionals on Visio. To help you better solve the problem, I suggest you ask questions at General Office Development forum for help. You may get more helpful replies there.

In addition, please mark the reply as answer to help us close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue to quickly find out the right place to get help. Thanks for you kind understanding.

Hope you can solve the problem smoothly.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:07 AM