Office 2007 file sharing violation due to Windows 7 Search Service? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been experiencing file sharing violations when saving Office 2007 documents. It occurs most often when a document has been open for more than a few minutes. At first I disabled Autosave, but that did not solve the problem. Then I disabled the Search Service and have not experienced that problem since. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Friday, September 18, 2009 2:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Andrew,

You might want to use Process explorer or handle.exe.
    Those tools can help you to pin point the process / dll that keeps your office 2007 documents locked.
    This tool can tell you if there is a bad plugin in the Search Service that causes this problem.

More info on how you use these tools is aviable here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/processlock.htm

Does this help you?

Kind Regards
    DFT
    IM me - TWiTTer: @DFTER
    Monday, September 21, 2009 9:32 AM
  • I've been having the exact same issues.  I've disabled the search service to see if I get the same results as you.  I really would like to be able to keep using search though.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 9:00 PM
  • What antivirus product are you running?  There is another thread in this forum where users reported the same issue was caused by their AV product and disabling/replacing it stopped the problem from occuring.
    -Matt
    Monday, October 12, 2009 5:50 PM
  • I'm using Trend Micro 16.0.1331
    Monday, October 12, 2009 9:21 PM
  • THis is the same thing the users in  sharing violations in Excel since Windows 7 have reported.  Disabling Trend resolved the issue.
    -Matt
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:03 PM
  • Thanks Matt, I'll try out the suggestions in that thread.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:04 PM