Deleting files is apparently difficult...who knew... RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to uninstall and re-install ITunes onto my PC (vista) so that it can read my IPhone. However, when I've uninstalled all that is required of me there are still some files left that I cannot delete off my computer, particularly the Apple file that's located in the Common Files, which is subsequently located in the Program Files that is on my C drive. When I right-click on the Apple file and chose the delete option, it tells me that I need to confirm this delete, and then asks me for the Admin password, which i happily give, then it tells me that's its moving the Apple file to the Recycle Bin..... but nothing changes. The Apple file has not moved to the Recycle Bin, its still where it was before. I've tried looking up several ways to delete it, even as far as typing delete commands in the CMD (which i think i'm probably not doing right in the first place). Does anyone have any ideas??? Help! 
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:14 AM

Answers

• The removing iTunes from Vista and Windows 7 (center right) has a detailed method to delete those pesky files.

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

You are rebooting after using the uninstaller, yes?

• Edited by Nano Warp Saturday, July 2, 2011 11:07 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Miya Yao Monday, July 4, 2011 5:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:12 AM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 7:05 PM