Deploying Software to a single workstation RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is there anyway to deploy software to a single workstation rather than to a whole group? Another issue that I ran into was that I couldn't add a workstation to a group after I populated and created that group; very suprised I must say. Please help!
    Wednesday, January 9, 2008 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Faisal,

It is by design that you have to deploy the software to computer group not single station, for a possible workaround, I'd like to suggest you create a new group that contains the specific client which you want to deploy the software.

For another question, please try the following steps to add the client.

1. In "Computer" space, right click the group which you want to add the cient and select "Properties"

2. un-select "only show computers in this group".

3. select the client which you want to add in.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Faisal,

It is by design that you have to deploy the software to computer group not single station, for a possible workaround, I'd like to suggest you create a new group that contains the specific client which you want to deploy the software.

For another question, please try the following steps to add the client.

1. In "Computer" space, right click the group which you want to add the cient and select "Properties"

2. un-select "only show computers in this group".

3. select the client which you want to add in.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!
    --------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:22 AM
  •  

Thanks for your help. Using your suggestion, I am now able to add computers to the group.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:44 PM