Big problem with Ads on IE 9 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody, my name is Thom and recently I have encountered a serious problem regardig Internet Explorer 9.

The main problem is that my IE is being flooded by ads from a ton of different websites. Adblocker is apparantly not enough to stop these ads in my left bottom corner and increasing all the security and privacy levels is not helping me as well. The last bit explained; the ads will stop popping up in my IE when all the security settings and privacy settings are at the highest level, but this gives me another major problem wich is the fact that Java will be stopped from working as well.

Now here is the whole thing, I downloaded a game called Neverwinter.
    This game requires the client to patch, but this is done through a little IE screen, wich leads me to the problem again.
    Once I start the client, it starts refreshing itself like crazy and about 4-6 ads pop up in my IE each and everyone with it's own page.
    So my IE will now open about 5 pages per second, with only an ad in the center of the screen and nothing more.

I really hope someone knows how to fix this because I am all out of hope.

Big thanks in advance.

Greetz Thom.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 12:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Thom,

scan your computer for virus and malware with a reputable 'non trial', up to date AV program.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:59 AM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:24 PM