Content Editor Web Part Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• So on the home page of our intranet site is a Content Editor Web Part with content that changes monthly.  Nothing crazy, just a blurb about employee recognition.  Users are either seeing the current content or the content from 2 months ago. 

I've setup a test user to replicate the issue.  As long as the user is an admin, the current content within the web part is displayed correctly.  If the user just has read permissions to the page, they see the 2 month old content.

i've tried setting the target audience group on the web part but to no avail. 

For the record I'm using SharePoint 2007.

Being new to sharepoint I'm a bit lost as to where else to look so any help is greatly appreciated!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:54 PM

Answers

• Hi PHE,

After my test, I find it is normal on my environment. So, when you update the content in Content Editor Web Part, the user who have the read permission always get the content is months ago. So ,I suggest you to add a Content Editor Web Part again(delete the original after backup), and test it again. The browser sometime will save the page style in cookies, so I suggest you clear the browser cache.

Thanks,

Jack

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:29 AM
  • Hi PHE,

Never faced this issue at our end, however this happens if you do not Publish the page or your page is still in draft mode.

THanks,

Amit  

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi PHE,

After my test, I find it is normal on my environment. So, when you update the content in Content Editor Web Part, the user who have the read permission always get the content is months ago. So ,I suggest you to add a Content Editor Web Part again(delete the original after backup), and test it again. The browser sometime will save the page style in cookies, so I suggest you clear the browser cache.

Thanks,

Jack

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:29 AM
  • Hi PHE,

Never faced this issue at our end, however this happens if you do not Publish the page or your page is still in draft mode.

THanks,

Amit  

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:10 AM