none
Exchange 2007 IMCEAEX-USERNAME+40DOMAIN+2ECOM@DOMAIN.COM #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ## RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have 1 user having issues when using Outlook to send a new message to internal Exchange users. OWA works. Replies work anywhere. It is not a problem with Autocomplete as he tried deleting the entry in autocomplete and typing manually. He has also tried selecting the user from the address book.

    The environment used to have Exchange 2003 in it. I removed it.

    The environment used to have 2 active directory sites. I removed one of the sites.

    The LegacyExchangeDN of users are of: /O=Company/OU=City/cn=Recipients/cn=Username

    This troubles me because the name of the old site I removed was City. The second site that remained was NA-SITE

    ADSI Edit gives this as the current Exchange group. Note that the City referenced above is not included.

    CN=Company,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local

    All mailboxes used to have an X400 email address on their mailboxes. I removed all of these. I also changed the default email policy to remove that email from being added to all mailboxes by default.

    I am not sure what else to try. Thanks for your consideration.



    Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:27 PM

Answers

  • Are you sure that the user is picking the name from the Global Address List and not from the Offline Address Book or from an entry in his mailbox's Contacts folder?

    Take Outlook out of cached mode (after you verify that the recipient isn't in the Contacts folder of the mailbox) and watch to see if the source of addresses in the address book is the GAL. The fact that OWA works for the user points to the local machine as the source of the problem.

    The Active Directory sites have nothing to do with e-mail addressing, but if you had another "Site" (i.e. "Administrative Group") in your Exchange organization and you removed *that* you may be in for some problems with address lists, OAB generation, and Site/System Public Folders (e.g. Free/Busy data). All of them use the Legacy Exchange DN and if the "site/administrative group" in the LDN is missing from the organization they won't work properly. If it's missing you can recreate it with ADSI edit and put the right LDN into it for the site/system folders.


    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

    Saturday, December 14, 2013 2:57 AM

All replies

  • Hi

    this is a cache error in outlook, remove the autocomplete entry, wait for the cache table to update in outlook and then send it again. You can also choose the address from the GAL if it is internal.

    Friday, December 13, 2013 4:49 AM
  • Are you sure that the user is picking the name from the Global Address List and not from the Offline Address Book or from an entry in his mailbox's Contacts folder?

    Take Outlook out of cached mode (after you verify that the recipient isn't in the Contacts folder of the mailbox) and watch to see if the source of addresses in the address book is the GAL. The fact that OWA works for the user points to the local machine as the source of the problem.

    The Active Directory sites have nothing to do with e-mail addressing, but if you had another "Site" (i.e. "Administrative Group") in your Exchange organization and you removed *that* you may be in for some problems with address lists, OAB generation, and Site/System Public Folders (e.g. Free/Busy data). All of them use the Legacy Exchange DN and if the "site/administrative group" in the LDN is missing from the organization they won't work properly. If it's missing you can recreate it with ADSI edit and put the right LDN into it for the site/system folders.


    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

    Saturday, December 14, 2013 2:57 AM
  • Hi

    this is a cache error in outlook, remove the autocomplete entry, wait for the cache table to update in outlook and then send it again. You can also choose the address from the GAL if it is internal.


    This is not the issue as I stated in my first sentence. The user has even tried reinstalling the OS and Office and the issue persists. Also from your second suggestion, the user has tried that as well as I stated above.
    Monday, December 16, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Rich,

    I have not explored the local contacts option. I'll check with the user on that.

    The error is perplexing me because it is giving the same NDR as what is seen here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2807779/en-us

    But, it isn't giving the LegacyExchangeDN attribute path, but the correct username@domain.com value with the unicode separators.

    Monday, December 16, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Regardless of the format, the error "ExRecipNotFound" points to a situation where the name submitted is taken to be a LDN.

    You should have that user open the Address Book in Outlook and use the "Tools | Options..." menu to change the order in which the address lists are checked. Make sure it starts with the Global Address List.


    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:08 AM
  • Thanks Rich. That was it. The user had duplicated entries from the GAL to his local contacts and those had become corrupted. He deleted those and problem fixed.
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:06 PM