Perflib Error Code 3001/1010/2005/..... RRS feed

• Question

• My computer takes a very long time to boot (before log on) (Windows Vista Ultimate) I took a look at the event viewer and I found several entries with Problems of "LoadPerf" with error code 3001.
    I then looked at the technet article (find it here) about this issue. The solution would be to "Rebuild the list of available counters" (lodctr /r) but this ends up with "Error 5" (Freely translated: "The performance indicator could not be rebuild from the system restore memory. Error Code: 5")

I don't know what to do now, I'm just stuck (normally I try to help myself, but now I really don't know anything to try)

The complete error description of 3001:

The performance counter name string value in the registry is not formatted correctly. The malformed string is 1848. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the index value to the malformed string while the second and third DWORDs in the Data section contain the last valid index values.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to rebuild Performance Counter Library values by following the KB article below?

300956 How to manually rebuild Performance Counter Library values
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300956

Hope it helps.

Friday, June 13, 2008 9:23 AM
  • Now I did......
    But I again get stuck with "error 5" when running lodctr (also lodctr + drivername)
    Friday, June 13, 2008 12:03 PM