Presence Unknown for External Users in Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to communicate with external contacts outside of the organization using Skype for Business without any issues. When I logged in to Skype for Business yesterday morning, Presence unknown appeared next to the name of contact. I am able to receive their messages but I am unable to reply back or send messages to them. It says 'The action couldn’t be completed. Please try again later.' Anyone please help.
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the port 5061 is opened in outbound and inbound flow for Lync Edge internal and external interface.

Please try to use remote connectivity analyzer test if there are any error about connectivity.

You could also try to run the command line in Lync management shell to check if there is any error message :

Test-CsFederatedPartner -domain <sistercompany> -TargetFqdn <edge>

Moreover, please check if there are any error in SFB application log.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, April 16, 2018 9:30 AM
    Friday, April 13, 2018 5:43 AM
  • Are there any update about this issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:59 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:35 AM
  • If the reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:03 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 9:50 AM