none
UAG and IAG : End Point Detection | "Any WMI Firewall" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

In UAG and in IAG, I have created a custom end poitn detection policy that only include  'Personal Firewall' criteria that decides personal firewall presence on client computer. It has been applied on one of the published web application

For that, I have selected the first one 'Any WMI Fiewall'. But to my surprise I am getting Acces denied messsage when I try to access that appliacation. If i select firewalls seperately, for example , Windows 7 Personal Firewall or Windows Vista Personal Firewall, it works perfectly fine.

I tried to get info anout 'WMI Firewall" but i didn't get it. I suppose this option simply detects any firewall on client machine. Am I wrong? 

Please I need info regarding WMI Firewall so I can fix the issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ashu.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Amigo. The "WMI category" (firewall, antivirus, antispyware) queries the Windows Security Center to check if the security product has registered in WMI (the way Security Center knows if there is a security solution installed is that the software vendor writes an entry in a specific WMI space). Windows Firewall always register itself to Security Center so the policy should detect that. Is the Security Center stopped in your machines? Also, in Web Monitor check the session parameters to see the content of the variables WMI_Firewall and so on.

Hope it helps

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:04 PM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:48 PM