Skype For Business Online PowerShell can not connect (New-CsOnlineSession hangs) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum.

Need help to connect to SFB with PowerShell.

Have downloaded the PowerShell module from this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39366

Trying to connect like this:

$credential = Get-Credential (give the Global Admin credendtials)

$session = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $credential

.... Nothing happens ........

I have tried on multiple computers. Different internet connections.... And more than one Office 365 tenants.....

Please advice....

Kind regards

Thomas Nielsen

Friday, February 3, 2017 4:10 PM

Answers

• Found a solution by spinning up a clean Server 2012 R2 (in Azure) and running in on the new machine. Strange. I tried in on a Windows 10 + a Windows 8.1 Both computers are used for Azure AD PowerShell with no problems....

Hope that this can help someone with a similar problem.....

Friday, February 3, 2017 4:57 PM

All replies

• Found a solution by spinning up a clean Server 2012 R2 (in Azure) and running in on the new machine. Strange. I tried in on a Windows 10 + a Windows 8.1 Both computers are used for Azure AD PowerShell with no problems....

Hope that this can help someone with a similar problem.....

Friday, February 3, 2017 4:57 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

We are glad to hear that this issue has been solved. The issue may be caused by any software which have been installed on those existing labs. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 6:08 AM