Office 365 Calendar permissions error on Outlook 2010 & 2013 but not 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping this is the correct forum for this question.

I have a hybrid config of Office 365 and Exchange 2010.  Currently only two rooms have been migrated to Office 365 (for a couple Surface Hubs).

When the calendar for these two rooms are added to one of the room admins' Outlook 2010/2013 or On Prem OWA account they have no ability to create meetings directly in the calendar and if they try to access the calendar's properties they get the following message:

This error is obviously incorrect as the user has been given full rights to the mailbox.  If the same user does this in Outlook 2016 then everything works correctly.

While we do have plans to move all 600 users to Office 2016, this will be a gradual move.  I still need Outlook 2010 and 2013 to be able to carry out these tasks.  Is this simply a configuration change I need to make in the older Outlook versions?

Friday, July 7, 2017 3:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the room mailbox have an associated Active Directory account in the on-premises environment? If not, please try using SMTP matching to link the room mailbox in Exchange Online with an on-premises account, and then see whether this issue continues. For more information about how to do this, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

2641663 How to use SMTP matching to match on-premises user accounts to Office 365 user accounts for directory synchronization

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, July 10, 2017 2:47 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, August 7, 2017 8:52 AM
    Monday, July 10, 2017 2:47 AM
  • Hi,                                                                                   

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:49 AM