majoy problem what to do RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

alright here is my issue, when i go to my c drive or d drive it takes almost 50 min to get in there, when i want to install net framework it gives me an error, when i want to install a feature from the remove applications window, it tells me servermanager.exe is missing, alright so i checked the server for virusses but i find nothing , i wanted a recovery but seems that when i go to the recovery window it tells me nothing the whole window is empty, when i go to system restore it tells me that it is disabled. 

i know my windows server technical preview 5 is corrupt, so now the question how can i restore it without reinstalling it. why not a reinstall, because i have stuff/configurations and programs that took me a while to install and fix/configure, if there is no solution then reinstall it will be, but i want to try to fix it first.

also, i tried to contact microsoft by chat, and this 1 min conversation got me no where, cause the person talking did not know anything, also sounded like a damm robot, seems that he was to lazy to ask someone or pass me with someone else, i never had a problem with windows untill now, how can these files be deleted while i did nothing. 

so how do i fix my problem, i dont know whats missing more. 

what can i do?

Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:25 PM

All replies

• You could try a repair install but also know that the Technical Preview 5 expires December 31, 2016

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ausoemteam/2016/04/28/windows-server-2016-technical-preview-5-available-for-download/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

>>so how do i fix my problem, i dont know whats missing more. 

what can i do?

Here is something you could try:

1.Please use run sfc /scannow in CMD with administrator permission to check the system files.

2.Use installing DVD to repair your system.

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 1:53 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 8:27 AM